COVID-19 Updates from Dr. Vineyard
Stay up-to-date with our COVID-19 Protocols
As an essential service, veterinary hospitals are still open. Colony Veterinary Hospital is still open and running at full capacity. If you feel your pet needs care, please call us!
To help social distancing, we are operating a little differently than you may be used to. We are currently doing curbside service. Curbside services function primarily like this:
- When you arrive at the parking lot, please call us and our technicians will take a history over the phone
- They will then come to retrieve your pet and bring them inside for the appointment
- Our veterinarians will perform the check-up & call you and go over treatment/diagnostic options
- They will discuss the options with you and treat your pet.
- Our staff will call you, get you checked out over the phone, and bring your pet back to you.
This is to keep everyone involved happy, healthy, and safe!
We do also offer telemedicine consultations. If you are in a quarantine period or have been in contact with someone who has been sick, we recommend this option. For certain cases, we can diagnose and treat your pet from the comfort of your own home. Please call us so we can determine whether telemedicine is a good fit for your pet. If it’s not, we can still treat them via our curbside services!
As of now, there have been no proven studies that COVID-19 is transferrable between you and your pet.
If you are not feeling well, it’s still in the best interest to limit contact with your pet as there are still many things we do not yet know about the virus.
Visit our online pharmacy and take advantage of our prescription food home delivery services. We recommend having 3 month’s worth of preventive medication and about a month’s worth of food just to be on the safe side.
We know this can be a scary time, but if you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call and we will do our best to help you out.
Take advantage of the extra puppy and kitty snuggles and stay safe!